CS/SB 216: Tuition and Fee Exemptions
Tuition and Fee Exemptions; Exempting certain students who were adopted from the Department of Children and Families or who are or were in the custody of the department under specified circumstances from paying tuition and fees to workforce education programs, Florida College System institutions, and state universities, etc.
Last Action: 3/11/2016 Senate - Died in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education
Location: In committee/council (AED)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Higher Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 18
• Introduced -SJ 18
• On Committee agenda-- Higher Education, 02/08/16, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Higher Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 345
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education -SJ 345
• CS by Higher Education read 1st time -SJ 345
• Died in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.