SB 222: Parking for Disabled Veterans
GENERAL BILL by Detert
Parking for Disabled Veterans; Requiring the governing body of each publicly owned or publicly operated airport to grant free parking to any vehicle displaying specified license plates for disabled veterans; clarifying that such license plates, rather than “DV” license plates, are exempt from certain parking fees charged by a county, municipality, or an agency thereof, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2016 - Chapter No. 2016-39
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Transportation (TR)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Fiscal Policy (FP)
• Referred to Transportation; Community Affairs; Fiscal Policy -SJ 19
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 11/04/15, 2:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Transportation; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 125
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 125
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 12/01/15, 1:00 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 125
• Now in Fiscal Policy -SJ 125
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 01/14/16, 10:45 am, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 19
• Favorable by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 184
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 184
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/21/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 235
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 265
• Passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 265
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 500
• Received -HJ 500
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/16
• Substituted for HB 235 -HJ 539
• Read 2nd time -HJ 539
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 570
• Passed; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 570
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 520
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -SJ 652
• Approved by Governor -SJ 992
• Chapter No. 2016-39
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.