CS/SB 234: Dental Care
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Gaetz ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Hays ; Abruzzo ; Ring ; Clemens ; Soto
Dental Care; Establishing a joint local and state dental care access account initiative, subject to the availability of funding; authorizing the creation of dental care access accounts; providing criteria for the selection of dentists for participation in the initiative; providing for the establishment of accounts; limiting the number of new accounts that may be established per fiscal year; requiring the Department of Health to implement an electronic benefit transfer system; authorizing the department to transfer state funds remaining in a closed account at a specified time and to return unspent funds from local sources, etc.
Last Action: 3/9/2016 Senate - Laid on Table -SJ 888
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Health Policy (HP)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services (AHS)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Health Policy; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 20
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 10/20/15, 12:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Health Policy; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 125
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services -SJ 125
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 11/18/15, 10:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 128
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 128
• Introduced -SJ 20
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/25/16, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 497
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 497
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 499
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/09/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 888
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 139 (Vetoed by Governor) -SJ 888
• Laid on Table -SJ 888
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.