CS/CS/SB 242: Infectious Disease Elimination Pilot Program
Infectious Disease Elimination Pilot Program; Citing this act as the “Miami-Dade Infectious Disease Elimination Act (IDEA)”; authorizing the University of Miami and its affiliates to establish a sterile needle and syringe exchange pilot program in Miami-Dade County; providing that the possession, distribution, or exchange of needles and syringes under the pilot program is not a violation of the Florida Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act or any other law; requiring the pilot program to collect certain data for reporting purposes; prohibiting the collection of personal identifying information from program participants, etc.
Last Action: 3/23/2016 - Chapter No. 2016-68
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Health Policy; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Fiscal Policy -SJ 21
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 11/02/15, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Health Policy; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 127
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services -SJ 127
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 11/18/15, 10:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 128
• Now in Fiscal Policy -SJ 128
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 12/03/15, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 5 NAYS 3 -SJ 128
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 128
• Introduced -SJ 21
• CS by Health Policy read 1st time -SJ 111
• CS/CS by Fiscal Policy read 1st time -SJ 111
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 471
• Amendment(s) adopted (401628) -SJ 472
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 472
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 489
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 37 NAYS 2 -SJ 489
• Immediately certified -SJ 494
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 595
• Received -HJ 595
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/01/16
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 81 -HJ 610
• Read 2nd time -HJ 610
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 645
• CS passed; YEAS 95 NAYS 20 -HJ 645
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 593
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -SJ 839
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-68
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.