CS/SB 268: Bullying and Harassment Policies in Schools
GENERAL BILL by Fiscal Policy ; Ring ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Sachs
Bullying and Harassment Policies in Schools; Requiring school districts to revise their bullying and harassment policy at specified intervals; requiring each school principal to implement the bullying and harassment policy in a certain manner and integrate it with the school’s bullying prevention and intervention program; designating Chapter 2010-217, Laws of Florida, as “Taylor’s Law for Teen Dating Violence Awareness and Prevention”, etc.
Last Action: 3/7/2016 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 229 (Ch. 2016-119) -SJ 750
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Fiscal Policy -SJ 22
• Introduced -SJ 22
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 02/02/16, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education Pre-K - 12; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 303
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education -SJ 303
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 02/11/16, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 402
• Now in Fiscal Policy -SJ 402
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 02/17/16, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 02/24/16, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 497
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 497
• CS by Fiscal Policy read 1st time -SJ 499
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/04/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 714
• Amendment(s) adopted (616816) -SJ 714
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 715
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 750
• Substituted CS/HB 229 -SJ 750
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 229 (Ch. 2016-119) -SJ 750
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.