SB 314: Direct Filing of Juveniles
GENERAL BILL by Diaz de la Portilla ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Smith ; Garcia
Direct Filing of Juveniles; Deleting provisions relating to the involuntary mandatory waiver of children by a state attorney; requiring a state attorney to document in writing specified information; requiring the state attorney to submit specified collected information to the Department of Juvenile Justice; deleting provisions relating to the mandatory direct filing of children to adult court, etc.
Last Action: 3/11/2016 House - Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 293 (Ch. 2016-78)
Location: In messages from Senate
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice (ACJ)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 26
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 11/02/15, 1:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 124
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice -SJ 124
• Introduced -SJ 26
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 02/11/16, 10:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 402
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 402
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/03/16, 8:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 641
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 641
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/10/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 933
• Amendment(s) adopted (865416) -SJ 934
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 937
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 996
• Passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 996
• In Messages
• Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 293 (Ch. 2016-78)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.