SB 340: Vision Care Plans
GENERAL BILL by Latvala ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Gaetz
Vision Care Plans; Providing that a health insurer, a prepaid limited health service organization, and a health maintenance organization, respectively, may not require a licensed ophthalmologist or optometrist to join a network solely for the purpose of credentialing the licensee for another vision network; providing that such insurers and organizations may not restrict a licensed ophthalmologist, optometrist, or optician to specific suppliers of materials or optical laboratories, etc.
Last Action: 3/23/2016 - Chapter No. 2016-69
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Health Policy (HP)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Health Policy; Rules -SJ 28
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 10/20/15, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 126
• Now in Health Policy -SJ 126
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 11/17/15, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Health Policy; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 126
• Now in Rules -SJ 126
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 12/03/15, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 126
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 126
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/13/16
• Introduced -SJ 28
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 213
• Passed; YEAS 34 NAYS 0 -SJ 213
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 595
• Received -HJ 595
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/01/16
• Substituted for HB 337 -HJ 612
• Read 2nd time -HJ 612
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 648
• Passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 648
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 593
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -SJ 839
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-69
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.