CS/SB 350: Procurement Procedures for Educational Institutions
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Montford ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Hutson ; Gaetz ; Soto
Procurement Procedures for Educational Institutions; Requiring each district school board and Florida College System institution board of trustees to review certain agreements and contracts before purchasing nonacademic commodities and contractual services under certain circumstances to determine whether the use of the agreements and contracts is economically advantageous; authorizing specified educational institutions to make purchases through an online procurement system, an electronic auction service, or other efficient procurement tool, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2016 - Chapter No. 2016-31
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 29
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 11/02/15, 4:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building --Meeting cancelled
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 11/17/15, 1:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 124
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education -SJ 124
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 12/03/15, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 128
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 128
• Introduced -SJ 29
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/03/16, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 305
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/10/16
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 309
• Read 2nd time -SJ 341
• Amendment(s) adopted (188538) -SJ 341
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 341
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 399
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 399
• Immediately certified -SJ 399
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 456
• Received -HJ 455
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/17/16
• Substituted for CS/HB 305 -HJ 471
• Read 2nd time -HJ 471
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 495
• CS passed; YEAS 113 NAYS 0 -HJ 496
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 480
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -SJ 593
• Approved by Governor -SJ 914
• Chapter No. 2016-31
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.