CS/SB 416: Location of Utilities
GENERAL BILL by Community Affairs ; Flores
Location of Utilities; Revising the circumstances under which a board of county commissioners is authorized to grant to a person or private corporation a license for specified projects related to lines for the transmission of certain public utilities and communication services; authorizing the Department of Transportation and certain local governmental entities to prescribe and enforce rules or regulations regarding the placement and maintenance of specified structures and lines within the right-of-way limits of roads or publicly owned rail corridors under their respective jurisdictions, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2016 - Chapter No. 2016-44
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Community Affairs; Transportation; Fiscal Policy -SJ 32
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 10/20/15, 12:30 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 128
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Transportation -SJ 128
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 11/04/15, 2:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Transportation; YEAS 5 NAYS 1 -SJ 125
• Now in Fiscal Policy -SJ 125
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 11/19/15, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 126
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 126
• Introduced -SJ 32
• CS by Community Affairs read 1st time -SJ 113
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/10/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 341
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 399
• CS passed; YEAS 34 NAYS 4 -SJ 399
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 501
• Received -HJ 501
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/16
• Substituted for HB 461 -HJ 538
• Read 2nd time -HJ 538
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 568
• CS passed; YEAS 109 NAYS 4 -HJ 568
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 521
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -SJ 652
• Approved by Governor -SJ 992
• Chapter No. 2016-44
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.