SB 450: Physical Therapy
GENERAL BILL by Grimsley ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Clemens ; Joyner
Physical Therapy; Revising the definition of the term “practice of physical therapy”; providing that a licensed physical therapist who holds a specified doctoral degree may use specified letters in connection with her or his name or place of business; revising the terms and specified letters prohibited from being used by certain unlicensed persons, etc.
Last Action: 3/23/2016 - Chapter No. 2016-70
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Health Policy (HP)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services (AHS)
- Fiscal Policy (FP)
• Referred to Health Policy; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Fiscal Policy -SJ 34
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 11/02/15, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Health Policy; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 125
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services -SJ 125
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 11/18/15, 10:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 128
• Now in Fiscal Policy -SJ 128
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 12/03/15, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 126
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 126
• Introduced -SJ 34
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/15/16
• Retained on Special Order Calendar
• Read 2nd time -SJ 235
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 267
• Passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 267
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 596
• Received -HJ 596
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/01/16
• Substituted for HB 107 -HJ 610
• Read 2nd time -HJ 610
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 646
• Passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 646
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 593
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -SJ 839
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-70
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.