CS/SB 456: Firefighters
GENERAL BILL by Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Latvala ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Soto ; Grimsley ; Garcia ; Flores ; Bullard
Firefighters; Establishing a presumption as to a firefighter’s condition or impairment of health caused by certain types of cancer while in the line of duty; providing for an employer contribution rate increase to fund changes made by the act, etc.
Last Action: 3/11/2016 Senate - Died in Appropriations
Location: In committee/council (AP)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Appropriations -SJ 35
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 11/17/15, 1:00 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 1 -SJ 126
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 126
• Introduced -SJ 35
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 02/16/16, 1:30 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 424
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 424
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time -SJ 427
• Died in Appropriations
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.