CS/CS/SB 468: Computer Coding Instruction
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Education Pre-K - 12 ; Ring ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Brandes ; Galvano
Computer Coding Instruction; Authorizing high schools to offer student opportunities to take specified computer coding courses by a specified school year; requiring the Commissioner of Education to identify the computer coding courses that satisfy two credits of foreign language instruction under certain circumstances; requiring Florida College System institutions and state universities to recognize the credits as foreign language credits, etc.
Last Action: 3/11/2016 House - Died in Messages
Location: In messages from Senate
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education Pre-K - 12 (ED)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 35
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 12/03/15, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Education Pre-K - 12; YEAS 8 NAYS 2 -SJ 126
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education -SJ 126
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 01/13/16, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 35
• CS by Education Pre-K - 12 read 1st time -SJ 114
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 7 NAYS 1 -SJ 184
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 184
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/03/16, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 1 -SJ 305
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 309
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/18/16
• Retained on Calendar
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 454
• Amendment(s) adopted (409420, 591908) -SJ 454
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 455
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 484
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 35 NAYS 5 -SJ 485
• Immediately certified -SJ 494
• In Messages
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.