CS/SJR 492: Homestead Tax Exemption
JOINT RESOLUTION by Finance and Tax ; Flores ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Margolis
Homestead Tax Exemption; Proposing an amendment to the State Constitution to revise the homestead tax exemption that may be granted by counties or municipalities, if authorized by general law, for the assessed value of property with a just value less than $250,000 and owned by persons age 65 or older who meet certain residence and income requirements to specify that just value shall be determined in the first tax year that the owner applies and is eligible for the exemption and to provide retroactive applicability and an effective date, etc.
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Finance and Tax (FT)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 37
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 11/17/15, 1:00 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 125
• Now in Finance and Tax -SJ 125
• Introduced -SJ 37
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax, 01/25/16, 1:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS by Finance and Tax; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 246
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 246
• CS by Finance and Tax read 1st time -SJ 249
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/01/16, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 563
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 563
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/08/16 -SJ 741
• Read 2nd time -SJ 780
• Substituted CS/HJR 275 -SJ 781
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HJR 275 (Passed), CS/HB 277 (Ch. 2016-121) -SJ 781
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.