CS/CS/SB 494: Digital Assets
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Judiciary ; Hukill ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Joyner
Digital Assets; Citing this act as the "Florida Fiduciary Access to Digital Assets Act"; authorizing a user to use an online tool to allow a custodian to disclose to a designated recipient or to prohibit a custodian from disclosing digital assets under certain circumstances; providing procedures for the disclosure of digital assets; authorizing the court to grant a guardian the right to access a ward’s digital assets under certain circumstances; imposing fiduciary duties, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2016 - Chapter No. 2016-46
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Fiscal Policy (FP)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Judiciary; Fiscal Policy; Rules -SJ 37
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 11/17/15, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 127
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Fiscal Policy -SJ 127
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 01/14/16, 10:45 am, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 37
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 114
• Favorable by Fiscal Policy; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 184
• Now in Rules -SJ 184
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 01/20/16, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 239
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 239
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/28/16
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 240
• Read 2nd time -SJ 269
• Placed on 3rd reading -SJ 290
• Read 3rd time -SJ 283
• CS passed; YEAS 36 NAYS 0 -SJ 283
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 502
• Received -HJ 502
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/16
• Substituted for CS/HB 747 -HJ 549
• Read 2nd time -HJ 549
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 580
• CS passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 580
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 521
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -SJ 652
• Approved by Governor -SJ 992
• Chapter No. 2016-46
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.