CS/CS/HB 499: Ad Valorem Taxation
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations Committee ; Local and Federal Affairs Committee ; Avila ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Diaz, J.
Ad Valorem Taxation; Revising procedures for the revision of an erroneous or incomplete personal property tax return; requiring a property appraiser to serve a notice of intent to record a notice of tax lien under certain circumstances; revising the entities authorized to determine under certain circumstances that a petitioner owes ad valorem taxes or is owed a refund of overpaid taxes; revising requirements for an entity that may represent a taxpayer before the value adjustment board, etc.
Last Action: 3/28/2016 - Chapter No. 2016-128, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5003 (Ch. 2016-62)
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Finance and Tax Committee; Local and Federal Affairs Committee; Appropriations Committee -HJ 44
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax Committee, 12/01/15, 12:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Finance and Tax Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 163
• Now in Local and Federal Affairs Committee -HJ 163
• Introduced -HJ 44
• On Committee agenda-- Local and Federal Affairs Committee, 01/27/16, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS by Local and Federal Affairs Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 333
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Appropriations Committee -HJ 362
• CS by Local and Federal Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 327
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 02/16/16, 3:00 pm, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- Appropriations Committee; YEAS 24 NAYS 0 -HJ 483
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Appropriations Committee read 1st time -HJ 477
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 517
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/16
• Read 2nd time -HJ 663
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 699
• CS passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 699
• In Messages
• Referred to Community Affairs; Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 646
• Received -SJ 646
• Withdrawn from Community Affairs; Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 782
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 782
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 766 -SJ 782
• Read 2nd time -SJ 782
• Amendment(s) adopted (534768) -SJ 782
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 845
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 846
• In returning messages
• Was taken up -HJ 946
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (534768) -HJ 951
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 951
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 951
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -HJ 1434
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-128, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5003 (Ch. 2016-62)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.