HB 527: Scrutinized Companies
GENERAL BILL by Workman ; Moskowitz ; Rader ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Adkins ; Artiles ; Boyd ; Broxson ; Costello ; Diaz, J. ; Edwards ; Geller ; Hager ; Hill ; Kerner ; Mayfield ; Metz ; Passidomo ; Pilon ; Plakon ; Porter ; Powell ; Raburn ; Renner ; Richardson ; Rodrigues, R. ; Rooney ; Santiago ; Slosberg ; Stark ; Sullivan ; Watson, C. ; Wood
Scrutinized Companies; Establishes reporting requirements for executive director of SBA regarding companies boycotting Israel; requires SBA to identify companies in which public moneys are invested that are conducting businesses that boycott Israel; requires SBA to create & maintain certain scrutinized companies lists that name all such companies; requires SBA to divest of all publicly traded securities of scrutinized company under certain conditions; providing reporting requirements; prohibiting local governmental entities from entering into contracts with companies on scrutinized list.
Last Action: 2/23/2016 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 86 (Ch. 2016-36) -HJ 553
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Government Operations Subcommittee; Appropriations Committee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 46
• Introduced -HJ 243
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Subcommittee, 01/20/16, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 243
• Now in Appropriations Committee -HJ 243
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 01/27/16, 12:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Appropriations Committee; YEAS 26 NAYS 0 -HJ 316
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 316
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 02/04/16, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 395
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 395
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/16
• Substituted CS/CS/SB 86 -HJ 553
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 86 (Ch. 2016-36) -HJ 553
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.