SB 572: Involuntary Examinations Under the Baker Act
GENERAL BILL by Altman
Involuntary Examinations Under the Baker Act; Authorizing physician assistants and advanced registered nurse practitioners to execute a certificate that finds that a person appears to meet the criteria for involuntary examination under the Baker Act of persons believed to have mental illness, etc.
Last Action: 3/11/2016 Senate - Died on Calendar
Location: On 2nd Reading Calendar
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Health Policy; Judiciary; Appropriations -SJ 42
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 11/17/15, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Health Policy; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 126
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 126
• Introduced -SJ 42
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/16/16, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 423
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 423
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/25/16, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 16 NAYS 2 -SJ 497
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 497
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.