CS/SB 582: Public Corruption
GENERAL BILL by Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Gaetz ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Altman
Public Corruption; Revising the definition of the term “bribery”; revising requirements for prosecution; revising the prohibition against unlawful compensation or reward for official behavior to conform to changes made by the act; revising the prohibition against official misconduct to conform to changes made by the act; revising applicability of the offense to include public contractors, etc.
Last Action: 3/8/2016 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7071 (Ch. 2016-151) -SJ 778
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Criminal Justice; Rules -SJ 43
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 12/01/15, 1:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 01/11/16, 4:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building --Pending Reconsideration (Unfavorable; YEAS 1 NAYS 4)
• Introduced -SJ 43
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 01/19/16, 4:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 222
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Criminal Justice -SJ 222
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time -SJ 228
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/01/16, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 290
• Now in Rules -SJ 290
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/10/16, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 344
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 344
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/08/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 778
• Substituted HB 7071 -SJ 778
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7071 (Ch. 2016-151) -SJ 778
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.