SB 598: Public Works Projects
GENERAL BILL by Brandes
Public Works Projects; Prohibiting the state and political subdivisions that contract for the construction, maintenance, repair, or improvement of public works from imposing restrictive conditions on contractors, subcontractors, or material suppliers or carriers; prohibiting the state and political subdivisions from restricting qualified bidders from submitting bids, etc.
Last Action: 1/26/2016 Senate - Unfavorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability, laid on Table; YEAS 2 NAYS 3 -SJ 247
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Community Affairs; Appropriations -SJ 44
• Introduced -SJ 44
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 01/19/16, 4:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 01/26/16, 9:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• Unfavorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability, laid on Table; YEAS 2 NAYS 3 -SJ 247
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.