CS/CS/SB 604: Mental Health Services in the Criminal Justice System
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Judiciary ; Diaz de la Portilla ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Hutson ; Gaetz
Mental Health Services in the Criminal Justice System; Defining the terms “court” and “criminal county court” for purposes of involuntary outpatient placement; expanding eligibility for military veterans and servicemembers court programs; creating the Forensic Hospital Diversion Pilot Program; providing for courts to order certain defendants on probation or community control to postadjudicatory mental health court programs, etc.
Last Action: 3/8/2016 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 439 (Ch. 2016-127), CS/SB 12 (Ch. 2016-241) -SJ 834
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services (AHS)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 44
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 11/17/15, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 127
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services -SJ 127
• Introduced -SJ 44
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 118
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 02/17/16, 10:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 434
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 434
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/03/16, 8:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 641
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 641
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/08/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 834
• Substituted CS/CS/CS/HB 439 -SJ 834
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 439 (Ch. 2016-127), CS/SB 12 (Ch. 2016-241) -SJ 834
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.