SB 612: Slungshot
GENERAL BILL by Hays ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Evers
Slungshot; Revising the definition of the term “concealed weapon” to delete its inclusion of a slungshot; deleting provisions prohibiting the manufacture or sale of any instrument or weapon usually known as a slungshot; deleting a provision prohibiting a dealer in arms from selling or transferring a slungshot to a minor, etc.
Last Action: 3/3/2016 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 4009 (Ch. 2016-106) -SJ 623
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 45
• Introduced -SJ 45
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/01/16, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 290
• Now in Commerce and Tourism -SJ 290
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 02/16/16, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 424
• Now in Rules -SJ 424
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/24/16, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 494
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 494
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/03/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 623
• Substituted HB 4009 -SJ 623
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 4009 (Ch. 2016-106) -SJ 623
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.