CS/SB 626: Consumer Credit
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Gaetz ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Altman
Consumer Credit; Authorizing the Office of Financial Regulation to deny a license or take disciplinary action against a person who violates the Military Lending Act or the regulations adopted under that act in connection with a consumer finance loan under the Florida Consumer Finance Act, etc.
Last Action: 3/31/2016 - Chapter No. 2016-160
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security (MS)
- Fiscal Policy (FP)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Fiscal Policy -SJ 45
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 11/17/15, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 128
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security -SJ 128
• On Committee agenda-- Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security, 12/01/15, 1:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 125
• Now in Fiscal Policy -SJ 125
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 01/14/16, 10:45 am, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 45
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 119
• Favorable by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 184
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 184
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/21/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 236
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 268
• CS passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 269
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 825
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/07/16
• Received -HJ 825
• Read 2nd time -HJ 875
• Substituted for CS/HB 717 -HJ 875
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 913
• CS passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 914
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 836
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-160
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.