SM 630: Article V Convention for Congressional Term Limits
Article V Convention for Congressional Term Limits; Applying to Congress to call a convention under Article V of the Constitution of the United States with the sole agenda of proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to set a limit on the number of terms that a person may be elected as a member of the United States House of Representatives and to set a limit on the number of terms that a person may be elected as a member of the United States Senate, etc.
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Ethics and Elections; Rules -SJ 46
• On Committee agenda-- Ethics and Elections, 11/17/15, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Ethics and Elections; YEAS 5 NAYS 4 -SJ 126
• Now in Rules -SJ 126
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 12/03/15, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 126
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 126
• Introduced -SJ 46
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/10/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 339
• Substituted HM 417 -SJ 339
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HM 417 (Adopted) -SJ 339
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.