CS/SB 650: Viatical Settlements
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Legg
Viatical Settlements; Defining the terms “business of viatical settlements,” “fraudulent viatical settlement act,” and “stranger-originated life insurance practice”; requiring additional information in an annual statement filed by viatical settlement provider licensees; adding an act that warrants the imposition of administrative penalties against viatical settlement provider licensees; requiring viatical settlement providers to provide viators with a disclosure statement before or concurrently with a viator’s execution of a viatical settlement contract, etc.
Last Action: 3/11/2016 Senate - Died in Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government
Location: In committee/council (AGG)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government (AGG)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 47
• Introduced -SJ 47
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 01/26/16, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 8 NAYS 1 -SJ 274
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government -SJ 274
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 276
• Died in Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.