CS/CS/SB 668: Family Law
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Judiciary ; Stargel
Family Law; Requiring a court to consider certain alimony factors and make specific written findings of fact under certain circumstances; requiring a court to make specified findings before ruling on a request for alimony; specifying a premise that a minor child should spend approximately equal amounts of time with each parent; revising a finite list of factors that a court must evaluate when establishing or modifying parental responsibility or a parenting plan; prohibiting a court from changing the duration of alimony, etc.
Last Action: 4/15/2016 - Vetoed by Governor
Location: Vetoed by Governor
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice (ACJ)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 48
• Introduced -SJ 48
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/09/16, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/16/16, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 6 NAYS 4 -SJ 434
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice -SJ 434
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 02/24/16, 1:30 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 436
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 2 -SJ 497
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 497
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/01/16, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 13 NAYS 6 -SJ 563
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 563
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/03/16
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 564
• Read 2nd time -SJ 611
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 719
• Amendment(s) adopted (224698) -SJ 720
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 24 NAYS 14 -SJ 720
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 826
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/07/16
• Received -HJ 826
• Read 2nd time -HJ 870
• Substituted for CS/HB 455 -HJ 871
• Amendment(s) failed (779935, 917477) -HJ 871
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 906
• Amendment(s) failed (723335) -HJ 907
• CS passed; YEAS 74 NAYS 38 -HJ 907
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 836
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Vetoed by Governor
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.