CS/HB 695: Title Insurance
GENERAL BILL by Regulatory Affairs Committee ; Boyd
Title Insurance; Revises reserves that certain title insurers must set aside after certain date; revises manner in which reserves must be released; revises reserve requirements for title insurer who transfers domicile to this state; requires calculation of adjusted statutory premium reserve; requires increases to statutory premium reserves under certain circumstances; authorizes release of reserves to surplus in certain circumstances.
Last Action: 3/10/2016 - Chapter No. 2016-57
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 61
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 12/02/15, 11:30 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -HJ 166
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 166
• Introduced -HJ 61
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 01/14/16, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall --Temporarily postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 01/21/16, 11:30 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 263
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Regulatory Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 261
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 286
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/02/16
• Read 2nd time -HJ 356
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 377
• CS passed; YEAS 119 NAYS 0 -HJ 378
• In Messages
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Commerce and Tourism; Fiscal Policy -SJ 351
• Received -SJ 351
• Withdrawn from Banking and Insurance; Commerce and Tourism; Fiscal Policy -SJ 493
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 493
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 940 -SJ 493
• Read 2nd time -SJ 493
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 549
• CS passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 550
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 687
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -HJ 726
• Approved by Governor -HJ 1048
• Chapter No. 2016-57
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.