CS/CS/SB 752: Public Records/Agency Inspector General Personnel
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Abruzzo
Public Records/Agency Inspector General Personnel; Providing an exemption from public records requirements for certain identifying and location information of current or former personnel employed in an agency’s office of inspector general or internal audit department whose duties include auditing or investigating certain activities that could lead to criminal prosecution or administrative discipline, and the spouses and children thereof; providing for future legislative review and repeal of the exemption; providing a statement of public necessity, etc.
Last Action: 3/31/2016 - Chapter No. 2016-164
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 56
• Introduced -SJ 56
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 01/19/16, 4:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 222
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules -SJ 222
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time -SJ 228
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/10/16, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 11 NAYS 1 -SJ 402
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 402
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/18/16
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 405
• Read 2nd time -SJ 423
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 447
• CS passed; YEAS 36 NAYS 1 -SJ 447
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 827
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/07/16
• Received -HJ 827
• Read 2nd time -HJ 886
• Substituted for CS/HB 587 -HJ 886
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 919
• CS passed; YEAS 111 NAYS 2 -HJ 920
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 837
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-164
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.