CS/CS/SB 766: Ad Valorem Taxation
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Finance and Tax ; Flores
Ad Valorem Taxation; Specifying deadlines for value adjustment boards to complete certain hearings and final assessment roll certifications; requiring a property appraiser to serve a notice of intent to record a notice of tax lien under certain circumstances; revising the procedures for filing petitions to the value adjustment board; extending the dates for certain counties to adopt or certify non-ad valorem assessment rolls, etc.
Last Action: 3/8/2016 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 499 (Ch. 2016-128), HB 5003 (Ch. 2016-62) -SJ 782
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Finance and Tax (FT)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 57
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 01/11/16, 4:00 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 125
• Introduced -SJ 57
• Now in Finance and Tax -SJ 125
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax, 02/16/16, 10:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS by Finance and Tax; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 424
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 424
• CS by Finance and Tax read 1st time -SJ 427
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/01/16, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 563
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 565
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/08/16 -SJ 741
• Read 2nd time -SJ 782
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 499 -SJ 782
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 499 (Ch. 2016-128), HB 5003 (Ch. 2016-62) -SJ 782
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.