CS/SB 770: Local Government Environmental Financing
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Simpson ; Flores ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Benacquisto ; Altman
Local Government Environmental Financing; Citing this act as the “Florida Keys Stewardship Act”; expanding the uses of local government infrastructure surtaxes to include acquiring any interest in land for public recreation, conservation, or protection of natural resources or to prevent or satisfy private property rights claims resulting from limitations imposed by the designation of an area of critical state concern; expanding the use of Everglades restoration bonds to include the City of Key West Area of Critical State Concern; requiring the Department of Environmental Protection to annually consider certain recommendations to buy specific lands within and outside an area of critical state concern, etc. APPROPRIATION: Indeterminate
Last Action: 3/9/2016 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 447 (Ch. 2016-225) -SJ 890
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Community Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 57
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 12/01/15, 1:00 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 124
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government -SJ 124
• Introduced -SJ 57
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government, 02/17/16, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 434
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 434
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/03/16, 8:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 641
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 642
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/09/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 890
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 447 -SJ 890
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 447 (Ch. 2016-225) -SJ 890
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.