SB 806: Instruction for Homebound and Hospitalized Students
GENERAL BILL by Legg
Instruction for Homebound and Hospitalized Students; Requiring school districts to provide instruction to homebound or hospitalized students; requiring the State Board of Education to adopt rules related to student eligibility, methods of providing instruction to homebound or hospitalized students, and the initiation of services; requiring each school district to enter into an agreement with certain hospitals within its district by a specified date, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2016 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 585 (Ch. 2016-227) -SJ 937
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education Pre-K - 12 (ED)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 60
• Introduced -SJ 60
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 01/20/16, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education Pre-K - 12; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 238
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education -SJ 238
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 01/28/16, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 275
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 275
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/18/16, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -SJ 434
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 434
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/10/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 937
• Substituted HB 585 -SJ 937
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 585 (Ch. 2016-227) -SJ 937
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.