CS/HB 821: Reimbursement of Assessments
GENERAL BILL by Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Rooney
Reimbursement of Assessments; Prohibits agent or attorney representing claimant from directly or indirectly requesting, receiving, or obtaining reimbursement from claimant for assessments charged to agent or attorney by U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs; provides penalties.
Last Action: 4/14/2016 - Chapter No. 2016-228
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 71
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 01/13/16, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Introduced -HJ 71
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 232
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 227
• Original reference(s) removed: Justice Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Judiciary Committee -HJ 240
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 240
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/10/16, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 437
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 437
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/16
• Read 2nd time -HJ 550
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 581
• CS passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 581
• In Messages
• Referred to Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Fiscal Policy -SJ 516
• Received -SJ 516
• Withdrawn from Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Fiscal Policy -SJ 966
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 966
• Substituted for CS/SB 1692 -SJ 966
• Read 2nd time -SJ 966
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 995
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 995
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1433
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-228
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.