SB 858: Clinical Social Worker, Marriage and Family Therapist, and Mental Health Counselor Interns
GENERAL BILL by Legg
Clinical Social Worker, Marriage and Family Therapist, and Mental Health Counselor Interns; Revising clinical social worker, marriage and family therapist, and mental health counselor intern registration requirements; revising requirements for supervision of registered interns; deleting specified education and experience requirements; establishing validity periods and providing for expiration of intern registrations; establishing requirements for a subsequent intern registration and for an applicant who has held a provisional license; requiring a licensed mental health professional to be on the premises when a registered intern provides services in clinical social work, marriage and family therapy, or mental health counseling, etc.
Last Action: 3/4/2016 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 373 (Ch. 2016-80), CS/SB 12 (Ch. 2016-241) -SJ 714
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Health Policy (HP)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services (AHS)
- Fiscal Policy (FP)
• Referred to Health Policy; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Fiscal Policy -SJ 65
• Introduced -SJ 65
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 02/09/16, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Health Policy; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 344
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services -SJ 344
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 02/17/16, 10:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 425
• Now in Fiscal Policy -SJ 425
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 02/29/16, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 497
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 497
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/04/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 714
• Substituted CS/HB 373 -SJ 714
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 373 (Ch. 2016-80), CS/SB 12 (Ch. 2016-241) -SJ 714
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.