CS/CS/HB 873: Education Funding
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; Appropriations Committee ; Diaz, M. ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Fresen ; Spano
Education Funding; Revises provisions relating to capital outlay funding for charter schools, Special Facility Construction Account relating to receipt of funds, criteria for requests, preapplication review, consultants, & repayment of school district's share of project costs; revises provisions relating to use of certain funds for certain education plant space construction & calculation of total cost per student station; requires DOE to conduct study & provide report; revises eligibility criteria for High Growth District Capital Outlay Assistance Grant Program.
Last Action: 3/11/2016 House - Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 7029 (Ch. 2016-237)
Location: On 2nd Reading Calendar
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to K-12 Subcommittee; Appropriations Committee; Education Committee -HJ 75
• Introduced -HJ 75
• On Committee agenda-- K-12 Subcommittee, 01/26/16, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by K-12 Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 289
• Now in Appropriations Committee -HJ 289
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 02/09/16, 3:00 pm, Webster Hall
• CS by Appropriations Committee; YEAS 19 NAYS 5 -HJ 453
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 458
• CS by Appropriations Committee read 1st time -HJ 457
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 02/17/16, 9:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS/CS by- Education Committee; YEAS 13 NAYS 4 -HJ 518
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Education Committee read 1st time -HJ 514
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 560
• Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 7029 (Ch. 2016-237)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.