SB 908: Organization of the Department of Financial Services
GENERAL BILL by Lee
Organization of the Department of Financial Services; Authorizing the Chief Financial Officer, rather than the Division of Accounting and Auditing, to audit and adjust accounts of officers and those indebted to the state; revising the divisions and the location of bureaus within the divisions; amending provisions relating to the transfer of certain functions to the Division of Investigative and Forensic Services; amending provisions relating to the renaming of the Bureau of Unclaimed Property, etc.
Last Action: 3/31/2016 - Chapter No. 2016-165, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 651 (Ch. 2016-132)
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government (AGG)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 68
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 01/11/16, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 124
• Introduced -SJ 68
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government -SJ 124
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government, 01/21/16, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 247
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 247
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/03/16, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 303
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 303
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 552
• Amendment(s) adopted (384246) -SJ 552
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 562
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 718
• Passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 718
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 830
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/07/16
• Received -HJ 829
• Read 2nd time -HJ 876
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 879 -HJ 876
• Amendment(s) temporarily postponed (704851, 273837, 054357) -HJ 876
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 915
• Passed; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 916
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 837
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-165, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 651 (Ch. 2016-132)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.