SB 944: Out-of-state Fee Waivers for Active Duty Service Members
GENERAL BILL by Richter ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Gaetz
Out-of-state Fee Waivers for Active Duty Service Members; Requiring state universities, Florida College System institutions, and certain centers to waive out-of-state fees for active duty members of the United States Armed Forces residing or stationed outside of this state; prohibiting tuition and fees charged to such students from exceeding a specified amount, etc.
Last Action: 3/3/2016 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 799 (Ch. 2016-136) -SJ 616
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Higher Education (HE)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Higher Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 71
• Introduced -SJ 71
• On Committee agenda-- Higher Education, 02/08/16, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Higher Education; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 344
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education -SJ 344
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 02/17/16, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 425
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 425
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/25/16, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 497
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 497
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/03/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 616
• Substituted HB 799 -SJ 616
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 799 (Ch. 2016-136) -SJ 616
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.