CS/SB 1034: Health Care Providers
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Simmons
Health Care Providers; Revising the definitions of the terms “contract” and “health care provider”; extending sovereign immunity to employees or agents of a health care provider that executes a contract with a governmental contractor; requiring the posting of notice that a specified health care provider is an agent of a governmental contractor; revising the definition of the term “officer, employee, or agent” to include employees or agents of a health care provider, etc.
Last Action: 3/11/2016 House - Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 423 (Ch. 2016-224)
Location: In messages from Senate
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Health Policy (HP)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Health Policy; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 78
• Introduced -SJ 78
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 01/19/16, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Health Policy; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 221
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 221
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/09/16, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/16/16, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 425
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules -SJ 425
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 428
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/24/16, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 494
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 494
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 526
• Amendment(s) adopted (562598) -SJ 526
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 526
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 628
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 628
• In Messages
• Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 423 (Ch. 2016-224)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.