CS/SB 1084: Health Care Protocols
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Gaetz
Health Care Protocols; Citing this act as the "Right Medicine Right Time Act"; requiring a managed care plan, an insurer, and a health maintenance organization to establish a process by which a prescribing physician may request an override of certain restrictions in certain circumstances; providing the circumstances under which an override must be granted; defining the term “fail-first protocol”; prohibiting a health maintenance organization from requiring that a health care provider use a clinical decision support system or a laboratory benefits management program in certain circumstances, etc.
Last Action: 3/11/2016 Senate - Died in Appropriations
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Health Policy (HP)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Health Policy; Appropriations -SJ 82
• Introduced -SJ 82
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 01/19/16, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 222
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Health Policy -SJ 222
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 229
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 02/01/16, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Health Policy; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 290
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 290
• Died in Appropriations
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.