CS/CS/SB 1170: Health Plan Regulatory Administration
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Banking and Insurance ; Detert
Health Plan Regulatory Administration; Authorizing local governmental units to contract for certain group insurance with a corporation not for profit whose membership consists of specified local governmental units; deleting a provision authorizing group insurance plans to impose a certain preexisting condition exclusion; requiring a health maintenance organization that issues a health insurance contract, rather than a group health insurance contract, to renew or continue in force such coverage at the contract holder’s option, etc.
Last Action: 4/6/2016 - Chapter No. 2016-194
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services (AHS)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 88
• Introduced -SJ 88
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 01/26/16, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 246
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services -SJ 246
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 253
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 02/11/16, 10:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 425
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 425
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/25/16, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 497
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 497
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/03/16
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 507
• Read 2nd time -SJ 613
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 712
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 713
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 832
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/07/16
• Received -HJ 832
• Read 2nd time -HJ 885
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 951 -HJ 885
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 917
• CS passed; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 918
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 838
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-194
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.