SB 1212: Appointed Counsel for Children
GENERAL BILL by Flores
Appointed Counsel for Children; Revising the conditions under which an attorney must be appointed for a dependent child; requiring the Justice Administrative Commission to contract with a not-for-profit organization to establish the Quality Counsel Program, etc.
Last Action: 3/11/2016 Senate - Died in Appropriations
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice (ACJ)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 92
• Introduced -SJ 92
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/26/16, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 245
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice -SJ 245
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 02/17/16, 10:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 434
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 434
• Died in Appropriations
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.