CS/SB 1288: Emergency Management
GENERAL BILL by Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security ; Richter
Emergency Management; Defining the term “activate” for purposes of part I of ch. 252, F.S.; directing the Division of Emergency Management to create a statewide system to facilitate the transport and distribution of essentials in commerce during a declared emergency; directing the division to create a certification system for persons transporting or distributing essentials in commerce, etc.
Last Action: 4/6/2016 - Chapter No. 2016-198
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 96
• Introduced -SJ 96
• On Committee agenda-- Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security, 01/26/16, 9:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 275
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 275
• CS by Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security read 1st time -SJ 276
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 02/09/16, 10:00 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 344
• Now in Rules -SJ 344
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/17/16, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 424
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 424
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 462
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 491
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 491
• Immediately certified -SJ 494
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 833
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/07/16
• Received -HJ 833
• Read 2nd time -HJ 861
• Substituted for HB 1169 -HJ 861
• Amendment(s) adopted (176719) -HJ 862
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 902
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 902
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (176719) -SJ 922
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 922
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 922
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-198
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.