CS/SB 1294: Victim and Witness Protection
GENERAL BILL by Fiscal Policy ; Flores ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Grimsley ; Sachs ; Bullard
Victim and Witness Protection; Increasing the maximum age at which a victim or witness may be allowed to testify via closed circuit television rather than in a courtroom in certain circumstances; increasing the maximum age of victims and witnesses for whom the court may enter protective orders; including human trafficking and lewd and lascivious offenses in the rules of evidence applicable to sexually-related offenses, etc.
Last Action: 4/6/2016 - Chapter No. 2016-199
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Fiscal Policy (FP)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Fiscal Policy -SJ 98
• Introduced -SJ 98
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/01/16, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 290
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 290
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/16/16, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 424
• Now in Fiscal Policy -SJ 424
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 02/29/16, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 563
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 563
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/03/16
• CS by Fiscal Policy read 1st time -SJ 566
• Read 2nd time -SJ 624
• Amendment(s) adopted (397030) -SJ 624
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 625
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 711
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 711
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 834
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/07/16
• Received -HJ 833
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading -HJ 871
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/08/16
• Read 2nd time -HJ 925
• Substituted for HB 7075 -HJ 925
• Amendment(s) adopted (181625) -HJ 925
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 941
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 941
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (181625) -SJ 929
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 929
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 929
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-199
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.