CS/SB 1316: Nurse Licensure Compact
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Grimsley
Nurse Licensure Compact; Creating the Nurse Licensure Compact; providing for the recognition of nursing licenses in party states; providing requirements for obtaining and retaining a multistate license; providing the effect of the act on a current licensee; requiring all party states to participate in a coordinated licensure information system; designating the state administrator of the Nurse Licensure Compact and other members, employees, or representatives of the Interstate Commission of Nurse Licensure Compact Administrators as state agents for the purpose of applying sovereign immunity and waivers of sovereign immunity, etc.
Last Action: 3/8/2016 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 1061 (Ch. 2016-139), HB 1063 (Ch. 2016-97) -SJ 791
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Health Policy; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 99
• Introduced -SJ 99
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 02/09/16, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Health Policy; YEAS 7 NAYS 1 -SJ 344
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services -SJ 344
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 02/17/16, 10:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 434
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 434
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/01/16, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 563
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 567
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/08/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 791
• Substituted HB 1061 -SJ 791
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 1061 (Ch. 2016-139), HB 1063 (Ch. 2016-97) -SJ 791
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.