CS/SB 1322: Juvenile Detention Costs
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Latvala
Juvenile Detention Costs; Requiring certain counties that are not fiscally constrained counties to each pay to the Department of Juvenile Justice its annual percentage share of specified amounts for specified fiscal years; requiring such counties to pay its annual percentage share of the specified amounts in 12 equal payments beginning on a specified date; requiring a county that is not fiscally constrained county to incorporate into its annual budget sufficient funds to pay its annual percentage share; requiring certain funds to be deposited into the Shared County/State Juvenile Detention Trust Fund, etc. APPROPRIATION: $10,800,000.00
Last Action: 3/29/2016 - Chapter No. 2016-152, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5003 (Ch. 2016-62)
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations; Rules -SJ 100
• Introduced -SJ 100
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 02/11/16, 10:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 425
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 425
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/25/16, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Appropriations; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 497
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules -SJ 497
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/29/16, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 497
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 497
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 508
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/04/16 -SJ 627
• Read 2nd time -SJ 716
• Amendment(s) adopted (232004) -SJ 717
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 718
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 748
• Amendment(s) adopted (227052) -SJ 748
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 749
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 893
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/08/16
• Received -HJ 893
• Read 2nd time -HJ 927
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 944
• CS passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 944
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 915
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-152, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5003 (Ch. 2016-62)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.