CS/SB 1418: Supplemental Academic Instruction
Supplemental Academic Instruction; Deleting the fiscal year for the requirement that specified school districts use certain funds toward additional intensive reading instruction; specifying the method for determining the 300 lowest-performing elementary schools; requiring categorical funds for supplemental academic instruction to be provided for in the Florida Education Finance Program, etc.
Last Action: 3/11/2016 House - Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5003 (Ch. 2016-62)
Location: In messages from Senate
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 189
• Introduced -SJ 189
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 01/27/16, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education Pre-K - 12; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 274
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education -SJ 274
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 02/17/16, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 434
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 434
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/01/16, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 563
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 563
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/03/16
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 569
• Read 2nd time -SJ 612
• Amendment(s) adopted (929824) -SJ 612
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 613
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 706
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 706
• In Messages
• Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5003 (Ch. 2016-62)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.