CS/SB 1496: Transparency in Health Care
Transparency in Health Care; Requiring a facility licensed under ch. 395, F.S., to provide timely and accurate financial information and quality of service measures to certain individuals; requiring home health agencies and home medical equipment providers to provide upon request certain written estimates of charges within a certain timeframe; requiring a health care practitioner to provide a patient upon his or her request a written, good faith estimate of anticipated charges within a certain timeframe, etc.
Last Action: 3/8/2016 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1175 (Ch. 2016-234), CS/CS/CS/HB 221 (Ch. 2016-222) -SJ 814
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Health Policy; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 193
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 01/19/16, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 193
• Favorable by Health Policy; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 221
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services -SJ 221
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 01/28/16, 10:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 6 NAYS 2 -SJ 291
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 291
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/25/16, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 16 NAYS 2 -SJ 497
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 497
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 509
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/07/16
• Retained on Special Order Calendar
• Read 2nd time -SJ 814
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 1175 -SJ 814
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1175 (Ch. 2016-234), CS/CS/CS/HB 221 (Ch. 2016-222) -SJ 814
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.