CS/SB 1538: Veterans Employment
GENERAL BILL by Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security ; Evers
Veterans Employment; Requiring each state agency and authorizing other political subdivisions of the state to develop and implement a veterans recruitment plan; requiring specified goals for veterans recruitment plans; requiring the Department of Management Services to collect specified data and to include the data in its annual workforce report and on its website, etc.
Last Action: 3/3/2016 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1219 (Ch. 2016-102) -SJ 635
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 198
• Introduced -SJ 198
• On Committee agenda-- Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security, 01/26/16, 9:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 274
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government -SJ 274
• CS by Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security read 1st time -SJ 277
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government, 02/11/16, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 425
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 425
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/25/16, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 497
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 497
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 537
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 635
• Substituted CS/HB 1219 -SJ 635
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1219 (Ch. 2016-102) -SJ 635
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.