CS/SB 1570: School Bus Stop Safety
GENERAL BILL by Transportation ; Simmons
School Bus Stop Safety; Revising the terms of violation and the penalties for failure to stop a vehicle upon approaching a school bus that displays a stop signal; requiring an additional fee to be added to a fine imposed for a specified violation, etc.
Last Action: 3/11/2016 House - Died in Messages
Location: In messages from Senate
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Transportation (TR)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development (ATD)
- Fiscal Policy (FP)
• Referred to Transportation; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Fiscal Policy -SJ 200
• Introduced -SJ 200
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 02/17/16, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Transportation; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 434
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development -SJ 434
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development, 02/24/16, 1:30 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• CS by Transportation read 1st time -SJ 439
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 497
• Now in Fiscal Policy -SJ 497
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 02/29/16, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 497
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 497
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 535
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 636
• CS passed; YEAS 36 NAYS 1 -SJ 636
• In Messages
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.