SB 7012: Death Benefits under the Florida Retirement System
GENERAL BILL by Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Gardiner ; Abruzzo ; Altman ; Bean ; Benacquisto ; Bradley ; Brandes ; Braynon ; Bullard ; Clemens ; Dean ; Detert ; Diaz de la Portilla ; Evers ; Flores ; Gaetz ; Galvano ; Garcia ; Gibson ; Grimsley ; Hays ; Hukill ; Hutson ; Joyner ; Latvala ; Lee ; Legg ; Margolis ; Montford ; Negron ; Richter ; Ring ; Sachs ; Simmons ; Simpson ; Smith ; Sobel ; Soto ; Stargel ; Thompson
Death Benefits under the Florida Retirement System; Authorizing payment of death benefits to the surviving spouse or children of a Special Risk Class member killed in the line of duty under specified circumstances; authorizing payment of death benefits to the surviving spouse or surviving children of a Special Risk Class member in the investment plan; requiring the State Board of Administration to transfer moneys to fund survivor benefit payments under specified circumstances, etc. APPROPRIATION: $6,508,528.00
Last Action: 4/8/2016 - Chapter No. 2016-213
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Appropriations (AP)
• Submitted for consideration by Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 10/06/15, 10:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building -- Submitted as Committee Bill; YEAS 5 NAYS 0
• Referred to Appropriations -SJ 104
• Introduced -SJ 104
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/03/16, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 303
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 303
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/10/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 325
• Read 3rd time -SJ 325
• Passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 325
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 894
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/08/16
• Received -HJ 894
• Read 2nd time -HJ 927
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 945
• Passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 1 -HJ 945
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 915
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-213
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.