CS/HB 7019: Education Access and Affordability
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; Higher Education and Workforce Subcommittee ; Porter ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Artiles ; Cortes, B. ; Eisnaugle
Education Access and Affordability; Specifying that the costs of instructional materials are not included in tuition for certain online degree programs; requiring the Board of Governors and the State Board of Education to annually identify strategies to promote college affordability; revising provisions relating to textbook affordability to include instructional materials; requiring Florida College System institutions and state universities to provide a public notice relating to increases in tuition and fees, etc.
Last Action: 4/14/2016 - Chapter No. 2016-236
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Education Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 130
• On Committee agenda-- Education Appropriations Subcommittee, 12/01/15, 3:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Education Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 163
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 163
• Introduced -HJ 130
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 01/27/16, 9:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS by- Education Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 323
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Education Committee read 1st time -HJ 321
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 363
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/17/16
• Read 2nd time -HJ 465
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 487
• CS passed; YEAS 110 NAYS 1 -HJ 488
• In Messages
• Referred to Higher Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 479
• Received -SJ 479
• Withdrawn from Higher Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 905
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 905
• Substituted for CS/SB 984 -SJ 905
• Read 2nd time -SJ 905
• Amendment(s) adopted (816310) -SJ 905
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 919
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 36 NAYS 0 -SJ 920
• In returning messages
• Was taken up -HJ 992
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (816310) -HJ 995
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 995
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 995
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-236
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.