CS/SB 7050: Information Technology Security
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Governmental Oversight and Accountability
Information Technology Security; Revising the membership of the Technology Advisory Council to include a cybersecurity expert; providing that risk assessments and security audits may be completed by a private vendor; providing for the establishment of computer security incident response teams within state agencies, etc.
Last Action: 3/7/2016 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 1033 (Ch. 2016-138), CS/SB 624 (Ch. 2016-114) -SJ 749
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Submitted for consideration by Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 01/19/16, 4:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building -- Submitted as Committee Bill; YEAS 4 NAYS 0
• Referred to Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 248
• Introduced -SJ 248
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government, 02/11/16, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 425
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 425
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/01/16, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 641
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 641
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/04/16
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 643
• Read 2nd time -SJ 713
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 749
• Substituted CS/CS/CS/HB 1033 -SJ 749
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 1033 (Ch. 2016-138), CS/SB 624 (Ch. 2016-114) -SJ 749
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.